Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Update Number One

Hello everyone!  Sorry I have not yet been able to post an update on my blog, I now have internet connection here at the center.  I am doing and feeling well and have adjusted amazingly well to the time change!  I am teaching two English courses Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.  I have language lessons Tuesday and Thursday, English Conversation Club with the high-schoolers Tuesday night, and Conversation time with the adults on Wednesday and Friday evening.  I also help with the Youth Group on Sundays and attend church.  That is the typical weekly schedule.  My spare time I spend having coffee at the coffee bars with students and friends, and walking around the city or sitting at the center reading and talking with people who come in.

Right now, I am living with a national family, so I have had a chance to be surrounded by the language, and to live and eat very traditionally.  It has been amazing!  The family is wonderful, there are 6 sisters here and I have become really close friends with them.  The team of missionaries here are also great.  They truly are a family for one another and have become a family for me as well.  This last weekend I got to go to one of the surrounding villages and it was beautiful!  I got to help cook the food, and from the house you could see the entire city and surrounding villages, and all of the surrounding hills and valleys!  It was so gorgeous!  I was in awe of everything and just kept thinking God made all of this!

There are many things and people I miss from home, but all in all it has been wonderful!  This weekend I am going on a trip, so please pray for safe travel and safety crossing the border!  Other than that, I am catching a cold and some sort of stomach bug so please pray for healing for that.  Also please pray that as I teach and build relationships with people here, I will be an example of Christ.  There are huge doors opening up here to share the Truth with people.  Please pray that as a team we take advantage of those.

Tracy wanted to hear an interesting travel story, so here it is!  I fell asleep for an hour or so on the plane flight, and woke up with the man next to me having his feet in my lap!  For those of you who know, I hate feet so much, so it was awful! 

I miss you all and love you dearly.  Bye for now!

Mae

No comments: