Hello Friends! Last weekend we had our team retreat. It was wonderful. It was so nice to have a weekend to rest and rejuvenate. We were up in the mountains and the view was breathtaking! The hotel was actually really nice. We had our beds with down comfortors, meals by candlelight (wild boar, trout, chicken curry, etc), and our own bathrobes and slippers! It was like staying at a spa! I was on childcare duty, which was actually really fun! We did crafts, watched High School Musical 1 and 2 (unfortunately), and went on walks. On one of our walks, two horses came up to us and were nuzzling us and letting us pet them. It was so cool! We also got a tour of a church from the 1800's. The walls were covered in beautiful paintings, there were relics, and icons, and beautiful blues and golds. It was one of the few things that survived the series of invasions. There were also graves of all the priests and keepers of the church since the 1700's located there. It was so breathtaking and special to be apart of something that spans centuries.
This week I moved again and am living with another teacher and two German women. It is really fun, and the flat is nice. It is neat to interact with people with different cultural backgrounds as well. Thank you so much for your prayers for safe travel this last weekend. Please be praying as I start some home visits and working in a coffee shop. Also, there is one specific gentleman who is a part of our youth group who is so close to accepting Christ. Please pray for the Holy Spirit to continue working, and pray against the false teaching and work of the evil one that is holding him back. He weilds tremendous influence over many young men and it would be amazing if he became a believer! Pray for intentionality and transparancy on my part that I will reflect Christ and not myself.
Until next time!
Pictures to come soon!
Mae
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
so good to hear and catch up! Sounds like an amazing time.... as expected! I'm glad that you have made friends and don't sound lonely at all. I'll be looking forward to some pictures. If i get them in the next week some will make the promo video and you'll go down in history!!!! :)
Great to hear how things are going! I will be praying that God will change the heart of the gentleman you are speaking of. :)
Post a Comment