Friday, November 7, 2008

November 7

Hello friends and family!  I hope everyone is well, my prayers are with you!!  So, my classes.  My beginner class is going really well.  All of my students are eager to learn and build relationships, and we have so much fun together in the class!  I have started a quote page of all the great and hilarious things people say, for example, "Octember!" "Fiveteen!" "Veetay!" (for white) and then this week we talked about the weather.  I gave each student a page with a form of weather and I would ask who has what.  One of my students, an older gentleman, stood and said "I am hot!" The entire class started busting up laughing.  It was great!  
This last week, I went on three home visits and several coffee get togethers.  There are a couple people who are so eagerly searching out the truth, and know the Bible better than most believers.  It has been so sweet watching them grow, and search, and pursue.  There are other people who are baby believers that I am helping to disciple and build friendships with.  There are still others that we are almost to the point of a spiritual conversation and sharing of the truth.  Please pray for the Holy Spirit to continue preparing and that I would be sensitive to his leading on when it is time to share.
The other night, we had our first concert here at the coffee shop at the center.  A young man came and played his guitar while people sat and drank coffee.  It wasn't quite what we expected, it turned into more of a sing-along with everyone!  But, it was a great time.  We will be having another one in a month and are planning how to do things a bit differently.  I am helping the team leads to develop a business plan and goals for how to expand the coffee shop side of the center's business to bring more students and nationals in, it is pretty exciting!
Well, class is about to start, I will make another post later today.

No comments: