Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Getting close....

Hello friends and family!!  I hope that everyone is doing well!  I am doing well, tired, but well.  I am looking very forward to coming home soon!!!  The last 2 weeks are going to be very busy!  I am going to Greece for vacation, and tomorrow I am taking the bus to another country close by for a day visit to go the large bazaar and eat cheese cake and Arabian food!  I am very excited!  I will be taking a few of my students, 2 are believers and one is not.  Please pray for fruitful conversations and opportunities for questions to be asked and for wisdom in the answers.  I also have several visits to make, and that will take a lot of the time I have left!  Please pray also for those, and for me.  Visits tend to be very long, and leaving before 11pm is considered rude.  Please pray for me to have stamina and energy as I am feeling somewhat weak and sick, especially in the mornings.  

Next week I will be teaching a lesson on Christmas.  Please pray for that as well that it will bring up spiritual conversations.  We also have our party and all the goodbyes.  I will really need the prayer support as it will be very emotionally difficult and trying.  I am ready to be home though and see everyone again!!

I had a wonderful thanksgiving weekend!  We went to a neighboring country and all of the missionaries got together to eat and spend time.  We played games, ate food, stayed up till 2:30 am laughing, went hiking, and just enjoyed fellowship together.  It was really nice!  The country was beautiful, and we went to an ancient Roman city and walked around in the rooms, and touched the statues!  We even found a legbone!  It was pretty sweet.  It was amazing to sit in the ampitheatre and imagine what it would have been like to sit there and watch a play.  It was powerful.  

Well, I have to get back to class, I will make another post later tonight.  I have a hilarious story to share!!!!


No comments: